søndag 19. april 2009

2. blog

Welcome to the second Sunday blog! I know that the link has been distributed to a number of people both in the USA and people related to my friend in Lanzarote, Ola´s blog. First of all I´d like to apologize in advance for all the grammatical errors you will find in these blogs. I don´t really proof read that much since I try to write spontaneously. It´s been an interesting week. I feel that I´m in a very exciting period of my life now. Things are happening more on an experiential level. I´ve been in a relationship for a short time. Pretty intense.. I learned a lot and are still learning a lot from that. I will probably write more about that later. But it´s kinda fresh, so I need to get it more on a distance so I can see it more clearly myself. 

I´ve also started the process of detaching more from my thoughts and living in the present moment. You see, when you think, you´re either in past or future! The present moment can only be experienced through sensing or just BEING. Thoughts are actually for the most part pretty irrational. And it´s mostly things from the past that´s recycled over and over again. It causes unnecessary and irrational worry and suffering. I think I´m more of a dreamer, so my mind tends to wander into the future. It´s kinda hard to let go, I must admit that. It´s like loosing your personality. Or you get the feeling that you´re unable to make good plans or have ambitions or remembering the past. It´s like a need of control! But judging from the past 2-3 weeks of high awareness, the power of the now is pretty immense! It seems like it generates a tremendous amount of energy and happiness. You´re happy for no apparent reason. Because we take all the small things in life for granted! When you live with high awareness in the present moment, you start feeling joyful and grateful for EVERYTHING. Food tastes better, taking a shower is like making love or something, just the act of walking is a nice thing. I´ve eaten less, slept less and had more energy. Sounds magical. 

Hmm, before this escalates.. I remember someone said after the first blog last Sunday: "don´t get to philosophical now!!" HAHA. Hmm, I wonder if I can NOT be just that. I mean, I could tell you that it´s raining heavily outside now and that it´s pretty darn cold in Trondheim at the moment. What can I say which isn´t something with deeper meaning. I mean, that´s what I´m into at the moment. I could tell you that I´m practicing a lot now a days. I´m preparing Grieg´s Piano Concerto and Scriabins Piano Concerto for two concerts with orchestras in May. My technique is improving alot now. I really look forward for it and I´m not worried (power of the now.) So it´s fun being a pianist at the moment. I´m very optimistic about the future too. Another thing about living in the present moment (here we go again...), is that it opens up your intuition. The ideas that arise from that state are just really good it seems. Because they come from your heart, guts, intuition instead of so called logical thinking. So they are instant and "idealistic." I´m just telling you, if you get an idea like that. Not something that you logically think your way through step by step and reach a conclusion. But like an instant idea: go for it. Do it! Don´t think to much about it, how, why etc. If it feels like a great idea, idealistic or not, go for it!! The first time I did that, I ended up touring in the USA! 

I have two such ideas now. On of them is to go to India for a period of intense meditation and spiritual awareness. Another one is to live for a longer period in the USA. There´s actually a very specific idea of doing a Graduate Certificate program at the USC. I´m also drawn to living in the desert, Palm Springs seems to be a good option there. The most recent idea that landed in my head was to attend a number of piano competitions from 2010! The thought of competing in music is just wrong in my world though. And I´ve been having a lot of resistance on it. So when I got the idea it was like: Damn! Now I have to actually do this. Haha. I just think that the next 2-3 years will be very interesting and important in my career. I have a good feeling about it. And I do think that the USA will be my entry point somehow. 

Ok, that´s it for this week! Enjoy yourselves and have a wonderful week to come!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar