mandag 6. juli 2009

Concerts and vacation

Hi there! It seems like every other week is a good time for a new blog! I haven´t decided it or anything, it just happens. :)

Since last time you heard from me, I´ve done 2 major things. The first one was a great outdoor opera concert. I guess you know that Norway has a new opera house in a place called Bjørvika in Oslo. There is another place in Norway called Bjørvika. That´s a small place on the small island Ytterøy outside Levanger. 10 years ago when the Norwegian government decided to build the new opera house in Bjørvika, a couple of farmers on this island though: hmm, ok! This is the place: http://www.ytteroy.no/pages/bygdetun/program.html. It´s in Norwegian only... So for the past 10 years they´ve had an opera show on this lawn between the buildings. This year we had 600 in the audience! That´s about 100 above sell-out! But everyone is welcome if they bring their own chair. It´s really a special thing. Since I joined as a pianist 4 years ago, the weather has been great every time. That´s close to a miracle in this part of the world. 

Usually we´re 2 pianist for this event, but I was on my own this year. So I had my plate full. But it was a lot of fun. Immediately after my return from this island, I had to start preparing for the non-piano activities this summer. Because I´ll do 4 performances with Trio Troika. You can visit their website for more information. But it is a gypsy trio consisting of violin, double bass and accordion. Soo... I´m digging out my accordion to perform with them this summer. I almost never play the accordion any more. But this is a really fun thing to do! A lot of energy and passion in the gypsy music. There will be 3 festivals this summer, Frosta, Frøya and Vanylven + a gig here in Trondheim. The first one, Frosta, is coming up this Saturday. 

As you understand, this summer is pretty much packed. And that´s really my own choice. I wanted to work like crazy this summer to earn some money. My trip to Banff, which still isn´t 100% confirmed, will stop income for 6 months. And I also have a dream of going to India for 3 months next summer. But I did have 3-4 days off at the end of last week. The weather has been exceptionally good for a period now. So I decided to take some time off and relax. I´ve done some sunbathing, had a massage and some other spa-like treatment, listened to music, watching several episodes of the old comedy classic Cheers etc. But now I´m back in business and have plenty of things to learn within this week. Next week I´ll actually perform in the lobby in the new opera house in Oslo! They have a summer daytime concert series there. I will do an all Spanish program with to great sopranos from the national opera school located in Oslo. That will be a blast! More on that next time!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar